≡ Combination Skin
The best way to care for Combination Skin
Table of Contents
What is Combination Skin?
Combination skin is simply having oily skin in some areas of your face and dry skin in other areas. Typically, there’s a mix of oily and dry areas on different parts of your face, with the t-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) being slightly to very oily.
Whether you have oily areas only around the nose and center of the forehead and dry areas over the cheeks, jaw area, and along the hairline, what you do to lessen those problems is the same.
How do I Know if I Have Combination Skin
In general, the nose, chin, and forehead of those with combination skin have more active oil glands, which is why these areas may be prone to clogged pores. The cheeks, on the other hand, may have less active oil glands, which is why they may appear dry and flaky
Do You Notice These Issues?
If you have combination skin, you probably already know what the problems are, but here are the main ones you may experience:
• Clogged pores in the T-zone area
• Large pores in the T-zone area
• Shininess and oily skin in the T-zone area
• Dry, flaky and dull cheeks
• Cheeks and neck that are more sensitive to cleansers
What Causes Combination Skin?
A variety of factors can contribute to combination skin, but more often than not, it just comes down to the luck of the draw in terms of what you inherited from your parents. However, the types of skincare products you’re using can absolutely make it worse or even cause the problem. Read on to learn what you might unknowingly be doing to contribute to making combination skin more of an issue.
As you might already have suspected, using products that contain harsh or skin-aggravating ingredients will inevitably dry out some areas of your face while stimulating oil production in other parts (especially around the nose) that were already oily.
If you’re using the wrong products, you might actually be causing your combination skin. If you use the right products, you may still have some amount of oily skin, but at least you won’t have dry, rough skin underneath excess oil. Once you start using the right products, your skin can improve almost immediately, with the dry areas softened and smoothed and the oily areas less oily and red—plus minimized pores.
Recommended Treatment for Combination Skin
- One Love IPL Treatment for Full Face & Neck with Choice of Selfology Healing Facial
- OxyGeneo Facial;#Four Advanced Medical Facial Treatments (w/ Super Collagen Healing Facial) Choose Any Combination from (a) One Love IPL Treatment for Full Face & Neck w/ Selfology Healing Facial OR (b) Diamond Polar Skin Tightening Treatment (30 mins)
- Brightening Facial
- Purify Facial
- One Love Facial with Hydrating Eye & Lip Mask
- One Love Facial, Full Body Exfoliation, Hydrating Eye & Lip Mask;#Hydrafill Facial – Needleless Mesotherapy
- Venus Viva Nano Fractional Radio Frequency Skin Resurfacing
Recommended Rosacea/Product for Combination Skin
- Clayton Shagal Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Clayton Shagal Ultra Matifying Cream
- Clayton Shagal Hydra Light Cream
- Clayton Shagal AHA Exfoliating Mask
- Clayton Shagal Mokaccino Mask
- Clayton Shagal Moisturizing Mask
- Clayton Shagal AHA Scrub
- Clayton Shagal Oat Bran Scrub
- Clayton Shagal Collagen Gel Plus
- Clayton Shagal Elastin Gel Plus
- Clayton Shagal Collagen Gel
- Clayton Shagal Elastin Gel
- Clayton Shagal Hydra One Cream
- Clayton Shagal Gel Lotion Cleanser
- TIZO2® FACIAL PRIMER SUNSCREEN Non-Tinted Matte Finish SPF 40
The Rising Channels
Take notes and hold the line.
On What Matters
Conditions & Care
The best way to care for Sensitive Skin Φ selfology.co/Skincare
The best way to care for Rosacea Φ selfology.co/Skincare
Loose Skin, Sagging Skin, Lack of Firmness
The best way to care for Loose Skin, Sagging Skin, Lack of Firmness Φ selfology.co/Skincare
The best way to care for Dull Skin Φ selfology.co/skincare
The best way to care for Oily Skin Φ selfology.co/skincare
The best way to care for Broken Capillaries Φ selfology.co/Skincare
The best way to care for Fine Lines Φ selfology.co/skincare
A Colourful Mind & Heart
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is